While having to drive away from our lovely cabin was oh so sad, we did have some fun on the way home! Right outside of town we stopped at a big Knife store (Like Bass Pro, see look Mike I said Bass Pro and not Bass and Pro shop :p, but with all knife stuff) and bought some kick ass kitchen utensils and some camping tools.
After quite a ways further we ended up stopping for the night a bit south of Indianapolis at the Cracker Barrell, and then at a much less shady hotel than the way down, we got up and decided to head into the city for some brunch. Mike found reviews for a place called Maxines Chicken and Waffles... and I'll let you guess what the specialty was! And oh man, was it special! Some fantastic chicken fingers with fresh squishy yummy waffles and Peach Butter. The peach butter didn't taste like peach to me, but it was sweet and buttery and delicious on both waffle and chicken, and apparently famous b/c they sold shirts about it! The place had a lot of character, and you can tell it started out as a family run joint that just expanded. Very cool!
On the way in to Dekalb, we were a little bummed that our adventure was, well, not ending, but at least going back to more normal or usual context of work, etc. But we did see a double rainbow and beautiful sky which perked me up a bit! Once we got into the apartment, I was wishing to be back in the cool weather of the Smokies even more, though, since the heat was up to 95 degrees! Ahh! A story for another time, though...
We really had a fantastic wedding, and a great week away together. I'm so glad that we decided to go right after the wedding, I think it would have felt really anticlimactic to go back to work right away, and this way I got some time to focus on and really enjoy the cool fact that I'm now quite happily married, husband and all, before the hubub of life crept back in. Although I won't lie, I'm looking forward to the next weekend already. :D
Photos by Sarah, Nov 6, 2010
No comments:
Post a Comment