Monday, November 8, 2010

Adventures with the "colorful" Locals

On the way to the National Park, we happened upon some fantastic roadside attractions!  First, we stopped at a farm stand-ish place that served the BEST BBQ I've had in a long time.  We tried Brisket, BBQ pork, fried green tomatoes, fried pickles, fried okra, and hot apple cider.  The farm stand also had deep fried peanuts (?!) that were delicious, although I tried a "HOT" labeled one, and honey, they weren't kidding!  I had to run to the car for crackers and soda because my throat was burning!

A little further down the road, we met Cap'n Dave.  We met him because we looked out the window and saw an enormous carving of a large, busty, viking looking woman riding a wild hog (the animal) with wheels.   Needless to say, we decided to stop!  Many, many interesting things... sasquatch with jerky, tongues,etc.  It says you can ride the indian shaped bike, and when I sat on it to have my picture taken, Cap'n Dave himself thought I didn't look excited enough, and had to demonstrate to Mike how to properly "ride the Indian".  He subsequently did a very good job. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment