This past weekend, I took a trip with my family to Nashville, IN, stayed in a beautiful big log cabin (complete with a pool table, a game at which I am totally schooled by my trophy-winning pool player father!) and went to an awesome little art gallery where we painted Raku pottery, which fires at a shorter time and higher temp than other clay pottery.
I picked out a copper color, and topped it with white crackle glaze (my mom's is all white-crackle). After firing in a "kiln" surrounded by ceramic fiber, it is buried in sawdust, which catches fire from the heat, followed by a cold water bath.
[slideshow]
After our art adventure, we went to Story, IN, which is a town consisting only of an old inn and restaurant. I guess you can even ride your horse/hike up to it through the Brown County State Park. Fantastic food! I had Blackberry BBQ pork. mmmm.
The weekend also included buying a basket of geodes, 5 for $8, and busting them apart with my dad and a big ax. We're going to try the few we have left with a hammer and chisel to see if we can get cleaner cuts.
Good times, will have to take the man back to hike and explore sometime soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment