Saturday, July 31, 2010

In this moment, I am content...


When we paid for our entry to the Anderson Japanese Gardens, the woman handed me two round stickers with Japanese symbols on them and said that if you read the circle it said "In this moment, I am content".   It surprised me how deeply that phrase impacted me.  It was like a shining reminder to stop and enjoy the moment, and to remember to slow down once in awhile and appreciate what, and who, I have.  Even before stepping foot in the gardens, my spirits were lifted...

The gardens were beautiful to say the least.  It was serene, peaceful, and quiet, even with a lot of people milling about.  The pictures explain better than I can, and even they don't do it justice.  The phrase on my little sticker flitted about my head for the few hours we wandered about, and I couldn't have chosen a better way to spend the day.   (It also didn't hurt that afterwards we at dessert first and had the best green tea ice cream ever made in their little restaurant, and then went to the Machine Shed Restaurant that serves some of my favorite chicken fingers in the whole world! :D)

[slideshow]

No comments:

Post a Comment